Central America is the southernmost portion of the North American continent that connects North America and South America. This beautiful destination has a wide range of destinations and attractions that adds charm to its elegance. One of the most visited and popular tourist attractions of the world, this wonderland has a treasure of ancient ruins, alluring landscapes, and beautiful sights. The rich cultural and historical heritage of the region has made it a must visit destination.
Many places and spots make Central America a worth exploring destination, below is the list of its top attractions that shall be visited while being here.
1. Tikal, Guatemala: Situated in the rainforests of Northern Guatemala, Tikal is an ancient Mayan citadel, which is known for its scenic landscapes, pyramids, ancient peaks and dense forests. The beautiful and peaceful ambiance of this place makes it an amazing place from where one can see the panoramic views of the city. It holds an important part of the history of the Guatemala and a trip without exploring this attraction will be incomplete.
2. Panama Canal, Panama: A 48-mile long ship canal that connects the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean, the Panama Canal is also one of the most stunning and important attractions in the region. This 100-year-old waterway is an architecture brilliance that has become a major link that connects 160 countries and 1700 ports are also known to be its popular tourist spot. A visit to the Panama Canal is a must while taking an excursion to the Central America.
3. Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Costa Rica: Costa Rica is an amazing tourist destination and the Monteverde reserve makes it even more fantastic. The natural beauty and flawless charm of this spot make it one of the prominent tourist spots in the country and the region too. Home to several species of animals, birds, and mammals, the reserve also organizes activities such as zip lining and canopy tours. A vacation filled with fun, excitement, and enthusiasm can be witnessed here.
4. Ambergris Caye, Belize: The largest island of Belize, Ambergris Caye boasts a wonderful Caribbean culture that makes it one of the popular attractions of Central America. The sandy beaches, beachside resorts, lively ambiance and relaxed atmosphere are the few more reasons that urge the visitors to vote it one of the important and renowned tourist spots. Fine dining, world-class accommodations spread around the island and it can be reached by taking a cheap flight to Belize.
5. Antigua Guatemala: Surrounded by volcanoes from all the sides, Antigua Guatemala is a small city known for its Spanish architectures and lovely ambiance. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the city has become a must visit destination because of its mystical elegance and rich cultural heritage. Bing one of the world’s best-conserved cities, the charisma of this destination captivates the eyes of visitors and captures their heart and soul effortlessly.